You read that right – this is Lesson 0.
This is the introduction to the course!
Your link to Lesson 1 will be at the end of this introduction – so today you get 2!
Now, here are a couple of things you should know before I begin:
- Twice per week you will receive a new lesson
- Each lesson will have the link(s) to the prior lesson(s)
- Along with the email giving you the link to Lesson 3, I will give you a chance to buy this whole course as a professionally designed PDF book. No pressure to buy at all. But I have had lots of requests for this course delivered in a book format and so that’s why I did it.
- At the end of 5 weeks, you will have received all 10 Lessons! At that point, I will send a periodic newsletter giving you updates from Happy Gluten Free (including information about cool new products, events, and happenings you should know about).
That’s all! Now for the rest of the introduction:
Do you have celiac disease or gluten intolerance?
If you do, then going on a gluten-free diet is the way to start feeling better right away. In this Course I will show you how to be gluten-free by giving you a step-by-step process that really works.
Can you imagine living without unpleasant symptoms after you ingest gluten? Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could eat what you want and not worry about getting sick?
My name is James Shirley. I know what it’s like to worry about what to eat. My family and I have been eating gluten-free for over six years. I especially know how hard it can be to sort through mountains of advice and medical jargon in search of simple answers for what to do next.
Back in 2007, my 18-month old daughter was diagnosed with celiac disease (my wife and I were relieved to finally know what was wrong, since so many horrible things had coursed through our minds). We decided to go 100% gluten-free to help our family live a healthier lifestyle. Even though my wife, Karen, and I began reading everything we could find, we still had many unanswered questions.
While it was very difficult at first, day-by-day day we saw our daughter getting better. What could be more inspiring than that! So we continued taking notes, checking labels, and absorbing everything we could find. And over the years we became experts by trial and error.
In 2011, I took the list of gluten-free food my wife and I had compiled and turned it into a book called Gluten-Free Diet: A Shopping Guide. In 2013, the guide became a best seller and has a near five-star rating on Amazon.com.
Then in 2012, I took our actual experience of going gluten-free and turned it into this Course: “How To Go Gluten-Free 2.0”.
How does this Course differ from all the other gluten-free guides?
During my canvassing I found that most people interested in going on a gluten-free diet want practical advice in language that is easy to understand. So I eliminated medical or technical jargon (except where pertinent) to make this book as understandable as possible.
In this Course, you will learn how to successfully live a gluten-free life (information you can start using immediately). The lessons are delivered through ten simple concepts. And each concept has actionable information you can start using today.
From suggesting what to eat over the next week to what products you can buy at the supermarket, these Lessons will give you the framework you need to be gluten-free.
The Lessons answer questions like:
- What is gluten?
- What are the symptoms of gluten intolerance and celiac disease?
- How do you begin a gluten-free diet?
- What is cross-contamination, and why does this matter?
- How do you make your kitchen gluten-free?
- How do you eat gluten-free outside your home?
- How do you spot gluten in a list of ingredients?
- What food can you eat?
- What food should you avoid?
- How do you manage the cost of gluten-free food?
Wouldn’t it be nice to start feeling better about your gluten-free diet today? So let’s get started as I know you’ll enjoy what you’re about to read!