Wish there were more gluten-free options at Starbucks? You’re not alone. Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz reveals that “…he hears about it at every [shareholder] meeting and he plans to fix it…” More on Puget Sound Business Journal Apparently they are expanding their line of gluten-free options… but they recognize the threat of cross contamination is […]
Here are a few ideas that make great gifts for your friends and family who follow a gluten free diet. We use all of these!
- Kitchen food storage containers
- Breadmaker – we use the Breadman TR875 which has a gluten free setting. The Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme is great for gluten free bread too but it is more expensive
- Pastry Blender
- Toaster bags – these are great to have at work or when traveling
- Something delicious – like a gluten free dessert from Shabtai Gourmet
- A gluten free flour blend – we like King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour, Eating Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Mix, or Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix. You can find King Arthur Flour and Pamela’s brands in most grocers
- A bottle of wine or six-pack of gluten free beer
- A gluten free cookbook. We like Carol Fenster’s books
- Buy a membership to a local gluten free or celiac disease association
- An Amazon Prime membership. Amazon carries a wide selection of gluten free baking products which are competitively priced. We paid for our Prime membership many times over this year with the savings from buying in bulk and having two day shipping
What gift ideas do you have? Please share them!